This week Bishop Dunne High School marks 50 years of academic excellence and service to the Church and the community. In 1961 Our Lady of Good Counsel Academy established by the Sisters of St. Mary in 1902, merged into the first of several new diocesan high schools. The new school in a new facility built with funds from a diocese-wide campaign, became a diocesan high school. Two years later the name would be changed to honor Bishop Edward Joseph Dunne, second Bishop of Dallas.
Over the past five decades Bishop Dunne has evolved into one of the leading educational institutions in North Texas, setting the pace for technological innovation. Dunne students no longer use printed textbooks. Their texts are all online and accessed by their individual laptop computers. [Read more…]